Are your back pain has not been eased by any pain reliever? Is it still aching even if it is already massaged by a physical therapist? Maybe it’s already time to consult a spine surgeon like Dr. Randall Dryer.
A spine surgery is one of the last but the best option when all the approaches are not working at all. However, this surgical approach always come with a second thought for two primary reasons. The first one is the recovery and next is definitely the cost.
These two reasons should be considered and be given a little bit of attention. Especially during this time when healthcare has become a political issue.
Luckily, there are comprehensive surgical procedures in the most updated artificial disc replacement technology that can resolve the recovery concern. Moreover, artificial disc replacement proves to be the most effective solution for recovery after a spine surgery.
Reasons why artificial disc replacement is the best solution:
• Compared to spinal fusion surgery, artificial disc replacement permits any motion in the spine.
• The artificial disc replacement provides quick recovery after surgery.
• The risk for degeneration on the levels of the adjacent disc is lower thus, the demand for further surgeries decreases.
• It is a safe and cost-effective surgical treatment.
• FDA approved procedure
The artificial disc replacement surgery provides the patient with benefits of both a current and long-term health of the spine. Compared to spinal fusion surgery that seems to be unnatural to the spine, artificial disc replacement is a superior one.
Furthermore, undergoing on an artificial disc replacement entails lesser complications. The outcomes of the surgery are also more predictable compared to spinal fusion surgery or other spine surgical procedures.
Factors toward pain relief
Moreover, in order to relieve pain, you have to consider two factors.
1. Knowledge regarding on the advantages of undergoing artificial disc replacement.
2. Identifying if you are capable of undergoing the said spine surgical procedure.
Indicating factors to know that you are a candidate for artificial disc replacement:
• Pain at the lower back regardless of having pain at the leg
• Degenerative disc disease
• Herniated lumbar discs
• Past micro-discectomy surgery with continuous experience of pain
• Poor results from the conservative treatments