In front of the virtual Reichstag, the game association talks to some politicians about the German gaming industry.
A few politicians meet in Minecraft to talk about games. What at first sounds like the beginning of a bad joke soon becomes reality. Due to the corona crisis, the game association holds its annual summer party virtually in Minecraft. In front of the Klötzchen Reichstag, various politicians meet to talk about the German games industry.
Where and when will the political summit take place? The in-game summer party and thus the discussion round took place on Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 8 pm in front of the virtual Reichstag building. Instead of the servers that you can find on Minecraft.menu, the Minecraft server address they used is sommerfest.game.de.
What is being talked about? According to the official press release, the topics of the discussion round are the challenges of the games industry, promotion, youth protection, e-sports, digital education, and the effects of the corona crisis.
Johannes Roth, the founder and studio head of Mimimi Games, who are currently working on Desperados 3, will also talk about funding programs.
Who will participate in the panel discussion? In addition to the managing director of the game association Felix Falk and the YouTuber Maximilian »HandOfBlood« Knabe, who is accompanying the round, a total of five politicians were asked, three of whom have already agreed:
- Thomas Jarzombek – Wikipedia MdB, Commissioner for Digital Economy and Start-ups and Coordinator for Aerospace
- Lars Klingbeil – Wikipedia MdB, Secretary General of the SPD
- Manuel Höferlin – Wikipedia MdB, Chairman of the Federal Committee on the Digital Agenda
- Anke Domscheit-Berg – Wikipedia MdB, Network Policy Spokesperson of the Parliamentary Group Die Linke in the Bundestag (requested)
- Dr. Anna Christmann MdB, Spokesperson for Innovation and Technology Policy of the parliamentary group Bündnis 90/Die Grünen (requested)
How can I participate? You can either follow the discussion via live stream or be there directly in Minecraft. To participate in the game, Minecraft in the Java edition is required. If you would like to be informed about the event, you can subscribe to the newsletter of the game association.